Goudsmit’s next generation magnetic separators for powder & grain
The Goudsmit Magnetics Group of Waalre (NL) introduced a new generation of magnetic separators. These are used to remove metal particles (>30 μm) from powders in the food and other industries. The Easy Clean flow magnet has user friendly cleaning, improved flow and the high Gauss values of the bars. In contrast to previous designs, in which such magnets were fitted with two layers of thin (Ø25 mm) bars, the new design contains a single row of Ø50 mm thick bars. New measurement techniques have shown that this results in a higher separation yield. This is because the thicker bars remain in contact with the magnetic particles longer. An additional benefit is the reduced height of the magnet as a whole, which means it requires less installation height. Moreover, a single row of bars results in improved product flow; which is particularly beneficial when it comes to poorly flowing powders.
The pneumatic magnetic bars simplify the cleaning process. The magnetic bars are slid out along a guide and, once outside the housing, the magnets are exposed by blowing them out of the bars. A plate then retains the captured metal particles, after which they fall into a collection tray. With its enormous magnetic holding power of 12,000 Gauss at the rods, the Easy Clean flow magnet is also perfectly suited for the separation of small stainless steel particles.
- EU grain storage has improved but critical bottlenecks remain
- Global milling giants to gather at IDMA
- Wheat harvest in Turkey to increase
- Pests, disease eliminate a third of Mozambique crops
- Disasters causing billions in agricultural losses, with drought leading the way
- Tehran to exports more flour to Iraq via Russia wheat deal
- EFCO to build a large processing plant in Altai region
- Kaper Makina starts a turnkey feed mill project
- Farm ministers call for more health for animals
- Ahi Evran University to increase roughage diversity